Congratulations to all of our incredible students for their exceptional work on this year’s DAAPworks and their capstone projects. Many of our students have already received honors and recognition for their hard work and creative expressions via awards, scholarships, and media attention.
The Directors’ Choice specifically highlights the outstanding capstone projects that demonstrate exceptional knowledge, creativity, and skill that has been applied to a focused idea and then most effectively communicated by visual means.
Each year the Directors from all four schools within DAAP, along with the Director of DAAP Galleries, review the project submissions from all of the school programs. The Directors take into consideration the recommendations they are provided by the faculty that work with these students daily. After much deliberation a consensus is reached to make the selections of Directors’ Choice award winners.
2023 Award Winners
School of Design
- BS in Communication Design-Graphic—Rose Bacon
- BS in Communication Design-Motion—Stephanie Krekeler
- BS in Communication Design-Interaction—Amanda Casey
- BS in Fashion Design—Anna Maria Rose
- BS in Fashion Design—Grayson M. Thornberry
- BS in Industrial Design-Product—Caroline Leyes
- BS in Industrial Design-Product—Kennedy Wilson-Houck
- BS in Industrial Design-Mobility—Jennifer Ellison
- Master of Design—Shelby Schaffer
School of Architecture and Interior Design
- Lauren McCarroll—BS in Architecture
- Jake Kuhn and Riley Ewing—BS in Architecture, Group Project
- Ellie Dedrick and Brie Voetberg—BS in Architecture, Group Project
- Ashton Templeton—BS in Interior Design
- Lamia Albunni—Master of Architecture
- Jacob Bernans—Master of Architecture
- Steven Almond—Simpson Urban Futures Award